AnY OpIniOn??

下面是引用ben23于2006-04-21 10:00 PM发表的AnY OpIniOn??:
Today Is the 21 of april. I applied a career jus for playing at the 1st place that is cadet pilot on the 14 of april for Singapore Airlines. With a very good luck, today I am accepted to study there( they actually provide traning with salary) and i am bond for 7 years if i use their scholarship. I am now studyig A level in Law. BUt now i got another option that is to be a pilot. So wat to do?! [s:6]

First of all, congratulations to you for has been offered from SIA. It’s not an easy job actually. By the way, you mentioned you are studying A-Level now. From what i know, SIA minumum requirement for cadet pilot is A-level or equivalent. How you do that? Would you mind to tell me how you go the selection process as well?

Honestly, i can’t give you any opinion here for the decision of your future career. That is your career, so is you to choose it, and not others. However, what i can tell you here is a lawyer jobscope is totally different from a pilot. You need to understand what will you do in both career before you make any decision. From your words, i think you don’t really understand what a pilot usually do in their works. If you decide to choose to accept this offer at last, then you need to prepare for the training. Imagine a company has to train a person from no flying experience absolutely into a person who can fly a big jet. All of this happen in around a year time.

Anyway, no matter what is your choice, everyone is needed to reponsible for their decision. Once you have made your own decision, then you have to strive for it. All the best to you.

下面是引用cold_spoon于2006-04-24 11:34 PM发表的:

First of all, congratulations to you for has been offered from SIA. It’s not an easy job actually. By the way, you mentioned you are studying A-Level now. From what i know, SIA minumum requirement for cadet pilot is A-level or equivalent. How you do that? Would you mind to tell me how you go the selection process as well?

Honestly, i can’t give you any opinion here for the decision of your future career. That is your career, so is you to choose it, and not others. However, what i can tell you here is a lawyer jobscope is totally different from a pilot. You need to understand what will you do in both career before you make any decision. From your words, i think you don’t really understand what a pilot usually do in their works. If you decide to choose to accept this offer at last, then you need to prepare for the training. Imagine a company has to train a person from no flying experience absolutely into a person who can fly a big jet. All of this happen in around a year time.

No doubt to say that they need A level for the minimum. But before this, I was an australian student study for AUSMAT. So i use Ausmat to applied for it. I study A level again because i want to further to UK. They wan me to do that!The application is closed now.

ben23,

Nice to hear your news again. Em…Is this means you are going to UK after you finish A-Level? or you decided to take SIA offer?

下面是引用cold_spoon于2006-05-05 10:48 PM发表的:
ben23,

Nice to hear your news again. Em…Is this means you are going to UK after you finish A-Level? or you decided to take SIA offer?

I am still thinking ar…i got onli bout two weeks time and i nid to send bek the reply…anyway, i nid more advice…At first i tot i wan go UK , but SIA made me confuse

ben23,

I know you can make the best decision for yourself. Anyway, it is not easy to get SIA offer. Do the thing right rather than do the right thing. Good Luck to you.