3D視覺搜尋介面供公眾下載

率先感受NVIDIA CUDA感力
3D視覺搜尋介面供公眾下載

文: Alvis Tang

NVIDIA 21 、 22 日於美國矽谷舉行一連兩日 NVIDIA Editor ’ s Day 大會,除展示 NVIDIA 未來產品方向及技術外,軟件商 Cooliris 公司亦趁機演示其建基於 CUDA 平台的插件,為 Goggle 、 Youtube 、 Picasa 等應用創建出 3D 視覺搜尋介面,而且還是免費使用。

雖然現今搜尋引擎已經能將大部份用家心目中的目標顯示在「第一頁」,但以 Google Image Search 為例,其實不少用戶均未能在第一頁找到合適的圖片,遂頁尋找令人覺得煩厭,當用家搜尋至第四、五頁後,或已萌生放棄之念,效率極低。

為此,軟件商 Cooliris 開發出一款名為 PicLens 建基於 CUDA 平台的插件,支援 Firefox 、 Internet Explorer 及 Safari 等常用瀏覽器,借助 GPU 的運算能力,對 Facebook , Flickr 、 Goggle 、 Picasa 、 Yahoo 、 Youtube 等應用創建出 3D 視覺搜尋介面。

Cooliris 有如「未來報告」般的操作介面,實時做出一道立體牆 (3D Wall) ,將搜尋結果展現於 3D 空間內,用家可使用滑鼠控制移動方向,實現無縫轉頁,並容許隨時放大、縮小圖片或播放影片,使搜尋更方便快捷、更見樂趣。

用戶可以前住http://www.piclens.com下載插件。

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0JAAlONQMU[/

以下系我系youtube试的。。。

好象很酷这样喔。。试试看。

I think this software only work with NVidia GPU, and only those 8xxx series upwards with the latest driver, right?

better mention it in your topic first, else those noobs install it and cannot work then blame you. . . [s:1]

引用第1楼jollygoh于2008-05-29 15:40发表的 :
以下系我系youtube试的。。。

your PC also can work. . . hmm. . . is it you using ATI card one?

then how come wikipedia mention :
Limitations :

• Only bilinear texture filtering is supported – mipmapped textures and anisotropic filtering are not supported at this time.
  • Recursive functions are not supported and must be converted to loops.
  • Various deviations from the IEEE 754 standard. Denormals and signalling NaNs are not supported; only two IEEE rounding modes are supported (chop and round-to-nearest even), and those are specified on a per-instruction basis rather than in a control word; and the precision of division/square root is slightly lower than single precision.
  • The bus bandwidth and latency between the CPU and the GPU may be a bottleneck.
  • Threads must run in groups of at least 32 threads that execute identical instructions simultaneously. Branching does not impact performance significantly, provided that blocks of 32 threads take the same code path; but the SIMD execution model becomes a significant limitation for any inherently divergent task (e.g., traversing a ray tracing acceleration data structure).
    * CUDA-enabled GPUs are only available from Nvidia (GeForce 8000 series and above, Quadro and Tesla[1])

哈哈。。。系啊。。。
我仲用紧X1950pro。。。

try了。。还不错
我的onboard display chipset也可以用, 比我想象中的“小吃”

用后感:
pro:
像所介绍的一样不用分页可以更容易游览
华丽的游览界面

con:
强逼Full Screen,
不可以right click open new tab还是不习惯
tab 去其他application…再tab回piclens有点kek(可能是没有显卡的关系)
要把所有搜索结果放在同一页显示其实蛮吃力的。。。

引用第5楼jollygoh于2008-05-29 15:51发表的 :
哈哈。。。系啊。。。
我仲用紧X1950pro。。。

even NVidia website also got list out the CUDA supported GPU. . .

So is it mean this new functions can be support by software/CPU, and will be more optimized if got CUDA enabled GPU hardware??

引用第6楼ufo于2008-05-29 16:01发表的 :
try了。。还不错
我的onboard display chipset也可以用, 比我想象中的“小吃”

用后感:
pro:

onboard display chipset. . . Intel one? NVidia? ATI? Via?

[要把所有搜索结果放在同一页显示其实蛮吃力的。。。] or is it becoz of the limitation of our broadband speed? coz such visual effect sure require more bandwidth one, right?

I rather wan spend rather then such special visual effect. . . hehe. . .

Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family… 8MB

要把所有搜索结果放在同一页显示其实蛮吃力的。… I mean when searching… that application will nonstop gather the image until u press the close button… will eat alot of memory when searching… when search result 30pics++ my firefox mem usage from 150mb± to 200mb++